Writing Team Manager
Writing Team Manager
Nature First, the alliance for responsible nature photography is built on the Nature First Principles – developed to help educate and guide both professional and recreational photographers in sustainable, minimal impact practices that will help preserve nature’s beautiful locations. #naturefirst
Type: Volunteer position (5-7 hrs/week), fully remote, flexible hours.
Commitment: Minimum commitment of six months.
The Writing Team Manager is responsible for developing, guiding, and coordinating the Nature First writing team. They report to the Communications Team Leader.
- Support Nature First’s 2022 goals.
- Help to fulfill the goals of the Communications Team.
- Work with the communications team to develop an editorial calendar that includes the identification of monthly content themes and a schedule of planned published works.
- Recruit, interview, and evaluate volunteer writers and editors.
- Work with writers to assign writing projects and establish agreed-upon due dates.
- Assist in the development of content that supports our mission.
- Inspire a spirit of cooperation and excitement about the mission.
- Ensure articles are edited and meet deadlines.
- Review each article for compliance with the Nature First guidelines.
- Ensure each article is properly edited.
- Collaborate with the communications team leader and the social media manager.
- Publish articles to the website.
- Prepare the Nature First newsletter.
- Demonstrated proficiency in writing.
- Experience in mentoring or leading teams.
- Passion for Nature First’s mission and principles.
- Strong interpersonal skills, highly collaborative.
- Ability to work well with volunteers from diverse cultural backgrounds.
- Bachelor’s degree in creative writing, journalism, communication studies, or an adjacent field.
- Knowledge of the natural world and issues of conservation.
- An understanding of the nature photography community.
- Global perspective.
- Bilingual preferred.
Reach out to the Nature First team today, and join us!
Please send your resume with a brief statement of interest by clicking on the button below: