Join the Nature First Team
Volunteer your talent and time to help lead the movement!
We run a number of different programs at Nature First to further our mission. Each program has a specific purpose and they are designed to work together in a complimentary manner.
Nature First programs and current volunteer openings are listed below; you can apply by clicking on the opportunity link. But even if there is not a role that fits your interest at this moment, we’d love for you to let us know what types of activities you’re interested in and how much time you would like to contribute so that we may reach out to you when there’s an opening.
Specific Volunteer Opportunities
The writing team manager is responsible for developing, guiding, and coordinating the Nature First writing team. They report to the Communications Team Leader.
- Support Nature First’s 2022 goals.
- Help to fulfill the goals of the Communications Team.
- Work with the communications team to develop an editorial calendar that includes the identification of monthly content themes and a schedule of planned published works.
- Recruit, interview, and evaluate volunteer writers and editors.
- Work with writers to assign writing projects and establish agreed-upon due dates.
- Assist in the development of content that supports our mission.
Support the Nature First ambassadors, primarily US based, around the Nature First mission and vision, assisting them in working together to effectively advance the aims of Nature First.
As the Ambassador Coordinator, you will…
- Support the Ambassador Program Manager.
- Support ambassadors to be inspired, focused, and active in achieving the goals.
- Attend and participate in monthly meetings.
- Assist in creating and completing ambassador program goals and objectives.
- Initiate discussion and virtual meetings amongst ambassadors
Ambassador teams are the regional representatives for Nature First. You’ll work with the Nature First team to grow the movement by engaging your community and providing localized guidance and relevance.
As an Ambassador, you will…
- Be a Nature First champion, promoting Nature First principles.
- Cultivate and grow your local Nature First community through social media, online engagement, and in-person activities.
- Work closely with the Nature First team on new education and advocacy programs.
- Gather insights and feedback from your community and infuse the learnings back into the Nature First organization.
- Invest 3-5 hours a week in the Nature First movement.